Friday, February 17, 2006

Rocket science

I've just read that George Bush may have consulted Michael Crighton about global warming. Yep. The same guy who wrote Jurassic Park and all those other wonderful adventures. Fictional adventures. And who did a podcast for Ken Wilbur's Integral Naked. And has been slammed in the press and the blogosphere. Now don't get me wrong - I actually have all the Crighton books and one of the reasons I like them so much is that he provides alot of science in them that is pitched at dummies like me who never studied it, don't understand it well and like to have things explained in really simple ways, like through a fanciful story. (Waait a minute....)

At this rate I suppose the next scoop will be that the proposed NASA funding cuts are the result of Elton John being brought in as a consultant for Rocket Man...


Thanks to Dominique Alyce for the photo

No comments:

Post a Comment